Thursday, September 27, 2007

OH, what a day..



Leif has told me about a million times that he'd rather I didn't paint McKinley's toenails in the living room on the carpet. I always insist that I am a pro and he just needs to mind his own business and relax a little bit. Today was the day.... I knocked the full bottle of the brightest pink polish ever over and it went everywhere. Once I was able to catch my breath and think straight, I ran to the closet and got some remover out. I poured almost the whole bottle onto the bright pink stain.... it didn't get it completely out, but it made a HUGE difference. Those of you who know me well, know that I am desperate for new carpet... I assure you that this was an accident and that I would never pour the polish onto the carpet... spill my coffee, maybe :) Leif is going to totally flip out when he gets home and sees the stain in the middle of the living room. Needless to say however, McKinley's toes look great! She said, "Mommy, you reary bad grrr. (really bad girl) Daddy spank you bum and you will cry." What do you think of that? Even she knows that I am in big trouble now. One good thing, I didn't cuss at all... I was at a loss for words. I just know that Leif is going to think that this is my sad attempt at new carpet. The sad thing is that if I can't take care of the carpet that I already have, then how will I take care of new carpet? I've heard it a million times. Enough about that.. just pray that Leif doesn't notice :)

I am off to Boise for the weekend to see Leif's family and my new nephew that I haven't been able to meet yet. Have a wonderful weekend and we'll chat soon!

3 comments:

Soguesswhat11 said...

OH MY.... I sure hope he doesn't flip out! Maybe he'll believe your story after all - here's hoping!!!

And don't worry, it's happened to ALL of us!!! Good luck, sweetie!

Anonymous said...

LOL...I can't stop laughing!! I have heard Leif say it too!! And Kinley! You are reary bad! LOL Have fun in Boise and I wont tell Leif that I know that you actually planned all of this to get a new carpet...Even though I know you did! Have fun with the inlaws...I'll be doing the same here.

Danielle said...

haha, that is such a funny story. Mckinley is so cute. Maybe leif will notice but think it's something else, and decide on his own that you guys need new carpet! Wishful thinking I'm sure.